November 24, 2011

Currently watching... Sylvia





Last night I watched the movie Sylvia starring Gwyneth Paltrow, about the life of poet Sylvia Plath. I myself have never read any of Sylvia Plath's poetry, but after watching the movie I am very interested in reading her works. The movie was good, a tad slow for me, but it really gives you a good insight onto her life. It was hard for me to see Gwyneth Paltrow play this role though, yes she did look relatively similar to Sylvia, but I am just used to seeing her in Lighter movies. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new movie to watch! Especially if you like darker films. If you have Netflix it is on watch instantly! But another reason I liked the film was because of the fashion, I am a sucker for the 60's and this film has very simple but beautiful pieces. My favorite in the film is the last dress Sylvia wears before commiting suicide. Sadly I couldn't find a picture of it online. But it is a beautiful bronze brocade dress, all of the other fashion is very much the typical clothes, cute pleated skirts, sweater sets, lots of knits, and boots. Anyways, take a look at the movie!

No comments: