November 9, 2011

Currently watching...Girl, Interrupted






I love this movie, and I loved the book when I read it. Definitely recommend it everyone, especially those who have dealt with depression, why I loved it. But in addition to it being an interesting story, the music, and fashion in the movie are what make it. Susanna is a thin gamine in simple clothes, Lisa is a sociopath with a homemade haircut and filthy clothes. Every girl has there own style, but it is still all very 60's. And not to mention the movie has 3 wonderful actresses, Winona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, and Brittany Murphy R.I.P. 
But please read the book! And if you have read this book and looking for more like it, I suggest Your voice in my head by Emma Forrest, Wasted: A memoir of anorexia and bulimia by Marya Hornbacher, And a classic, The perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. 

No comments: